Providing Daytime Care to Seniors
Adult Day Health Care is an organized program of services provided during the day for participants who live at home. But, it’s much more than that — the purpose of Adult Day Health Care is to enable participants to stay at home for as long as possible, and to promote social, physical, and emotional well-being.
Our services include:
- Nutritious meals and daily snacks
- Appropriate physical activities
- Educational/cultural programs
- Social/recreational activities
DayBreak is designed to reduce social isolation and loneliness, stimulate interest in leisure activities, and enhance each participant’s desire and capacity to perform the normal activities of daily living. This is accomplished by providing professional care, a warm environment, and a nurturing staff.
Who Should Attend?
- Adults who require assistance during the day
- Adults, whose children care for them and also work outside the home
- Adults, whose children care for them but need a break from the day to day responsibilities of caring for these special adults
What Sets Us Apart?
- A supervised, protective environment
- A dedicated, professional staff making service a top priority
- Dignified assistance and support with feeding, bathing, dressing, and other personal care needs
- Promotion of maximum independence
- Successful management of chronic medical conditions
Daily Activities & Educational Programs
- Groups and one-on-one activities promote the development of friendships
- Opportunities for enrichment and social activities to prevent deterioration that may lead to placement in a nursing home
- Hobbies and special interests, such as music, dancing, gardening, field trips, arts and crafts, and much more are every day occurrences
- Daily activities provide motivation, creative expression, and increased self-esteem
- Exercise activities enhance functioning, health, and happiness
- Discussion groups and educational programs provide opportunities for learning and sharing
- Holiday celebrations and birthday parties turn days into special occasions
Benefits for Participants
- Learning/growth opportunities
- Community involvement
- Social opportunities
- Increased self-esteem
- Increased self-care capacity and independence
- Monitoring of health needs
Benefits for Families
- Keeping the family together as long as possible
- Offering respite from the role of constant caregiver
- Enabling the caregiver to be gainfully employed
- Providing quality, affordable care
Enrollment & Fees
A patient's acceptance and enrollment are determined through a personal interview with the participant and his/her family. This interview can be done when the participant and the family meet with the program coordinator during a FREE trial visit to the center. At this time an assessment is performed to determine if the participant will benefit from the program, and if the program can meet the participant's needs. There is no fee for the assessment visit. Financial assistance may be available. Long-term care insurances and Veterans Administration Benefits may provide payment for daycare services. Please call for more information.
To visit our center, and setup your participant interview, call DayBreak Adult Day Health Center at (252) 335-4375. Participants may be dropped off by family members, or transportation can be arranged. Our standard hours of operation are Monday thru Friday, 7:30am until 5:30pm.
DayBreak Adult Day Health Center
1407 Parkview Drive
Elizabeth City, NC 27909-6533
Phone (252) 335-4375
Fax (252) 338-4386